0300 012 0030
Generic filters
Filter by Content Type:
Select all
In your area
Get Help
Get Involved
Get Informed
Current Vacancies

Help for people in need

Police Care UK helps serving and former police officers and staff, volunteers, and their families, get the practical, emotional, and financial support they need in a confidential and safe environment.

Make a referral now

What help is available to me?

Your needs are very different to those of anyone else we help. That's why we have provided some examples of the support available from Police Care UK, but if you don't see the help you think you need then the best thing to do is to fill out a referral form, and someone from our welfare team will get in touch with you to discuss your situation.

For more than 50 years, we have been a lifeline to people just like you, helping with a whole range of situations and needs, and the support we can provide continues long after you or a loved one has left the service.

Make a referral to Police Care UK

You can self-refer, or refer someone else for help from Police Care UK. Just fill out this form and we'll get in touch. Alternatively, you can call us on 0300 012 0030 (lines open 9am-5pm Mon-Fri)

Different support available from Police Care UK


Our confidential careline provides a range of counselling and pyschotherapy support for you and your family.

Adaptations grant

One of the most common forms of support we provide is funding towards adaptations to your home. This makes a massive difference to the quality of life for you and your family.

Advice and guidance

Sometimes life throws up something unexpected. Other times there are things that play on our minds. We've compiled a whole host of advice and guidance that is relevant to police and families.

Assistance grant

Financial support in times of need for things like furniture and white-goods, food and clothing, or support getting into a rental property.

Veterans' Peer support

Ill-health retirement is a difficult, traumatic, and emotionally challenging process to come to terms with that leaves many people feeling they are alone. That's why we've launched a new service (pilot currently in the North-West)

Specialist equipment grant

Enbling people to recover and rebuild their lives is important to Police Care UK. Part of that is to fund specialist equipment to improve you quality of life following injury. Apply for a specialist equipment grant now.

Educational bursaries

For children of police entering further or higher education, we can offer educational bursaries of up to £3,000 towards living costs.

Support during Covid19

Read our advice and helpsheets on how to best prepare yourself during Covid19

Back to the top